Dr Leah Grout, Ameera Katar, Dr Jennifer Summers, Prof Nick Wilson (*Writer particulars)
Aotearoa NZ and Australian states have efficiently eradicated neighborhood transmission of COVID-19, albeit with occasional outbreaks from imported instances. Each nations have primarily used hotel-based quarantine for returning travellers, however nonetheless wouldn’t have optimum border management. On this weblog we contemplate potential classes from Australia’s 17 quarantine techniques failures for NZ.
Total, NZ and Australia have performed very properly with their COVID-19 pandemic responses and they’re ranked 2nd and ninth on the earth, respectively, by the Lowy Institute in Australia.1 The rollout of vaccination programmes, beginning with border employees, has been a beneficial improvement in current months. NZ and Australia have each primarily used hotel-based quarantine for residents returning to their nations through the pandemic interval, with 14 days of quarantine mixed with PCR testing and masks use in any shared areas (eg, frequent train areas are utilized in NZ, however not in most Australian states). The collated knowledge for quarantine system failures in Australia as much as 11 Could 2021 is proven within the appendicised desk beneath, with particular particulars of every occasion. We recognized 17 quarantine system failures, one inflicting over 800 deaths (Victoria’s second wave), and 9 out of the 17 resulted in lockdowns.
This estimate might be an underestimate of all precise quarantine failures, as not all of these contaminated will transmit the virus and begin a detectable chain of transmission. Subsequently, counts of border failures are delicate to how they’re recognized and outlined. We outlined a quarantine system failure as the place a border/well being employee or particular person in the neighborhood with a hyperlink to the quarantine/isolation system turned contaminated with SARS-CoV-2. This definition included individuals contaminated in hospital from instances who had been transferred from a quarantine facility (as such instances have been nonetheless within the 14-day quarantine course of). Nonetheless, this definition didn’t embody pandemic virus transmission solely between returnees throughout the quarantine amenities (as another commentators have included in lists of failures within the Australian context2).
Wanting ahead, the quarantine system failure dangers in NZ and Australia could improve, provided that the proportion of travellers returning to those nations who’re contaminated is growing resulting from world intensification of the pandemic and the growing infectivity of recent SARS-CoV-2 variants.3 Certainly, there have been plenty of clearly documented instances of unfold inside quarantine motels (eg, two cases in Sydney in April 2021), highlighting the elevated threat and evolving state of affairs with extra extremely infectious variants arriving from abroad. Nonetheless, offsetting this development will probably be measures such because the vaccination of quarantine employees. In NZ, the vaccination of border employees started in February 2021 with the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine. Nonetheless, vaccination doesn’t absolutely shield in opposition to SARS-CoV-2 transmission, though a average diploma of safety is probably going. For instance, an infection charges have been halved for the AstraZeneca vaccine,4 5 and maybe lowered by 70% for the Moderna mRNA vaccine.6 Moreover, the extent of testing of quarantine employees has been growing (eg,7; which can discover some failures earlier than they’ve an opportunity to determine as an outbreak in the neighborhood). There have been different enhancements within the quarantine techniques over time (eg, improved safety, introduction of masks carrying inside quarantine settings, discount in shared areas, improved PPE utilized by employees, and different procedures as detailed in each nations8 9).
The beginning of quarantine-free journey between Australia and NZ (also called a “inexperienced zone” or “Trans-Tasman bubble”) offers a possibility to benchmark COVID-19 border management insurance policies and practices, establish potential enhancements in each nations, and harmonise finest practices throughout the area. The inexperienced zone additional intertwines the biosecurity standing of each nations and it’s due to this fact much more necessary to decrease the chance of border failures that might disrupt such journey.
To considerably cut back the chance of SARS-CoV-2 spreading out of the quarantine system (till such time as sufficient of the inhabitants is vaccinated), the obvious motion is to scale back arrivals, and even droop arrivals, from excessive an infection places (as NZ briefly did for journey from India and different excessive threat nations in April 202110). Nonetheless, there are a number of different key classes from Australia’s quarantine system failures for NZ, that are detailed beneath.
Guarantee sufficient air flow or use discrete quarantine models
At the very least 4 of the quarantine failures in Australia are considered resulting from insufficient air flow in motels used as quarantine amenities (ie, the Vacation Inn cluster in Melbourne, the Parafield outbreak in South Australia, the 4 Factors by Sheraton failure in Western Australia, and the Mercure Lodge cluster in Western Australia), as described within the appendicised desk beneath. These failures spotlight the function of airborne transmission of SARS-CoV-2, and potential measures to handle this threat embody enhancing air flow (eg, letting in additional outside air by means of home windows or including air cleaners with HEPA filters to rooms), offering higher masks to returnees (eg, N95), and shifting away from use of motels to discrete lodging models (eg, the cabins used on the Howard Springs facility exterior of Darwin). The usage of discrete lodging models permits for pure air flow and reduces or eliminates shared indoor areas. Up to now, there have been no failures on the Howard Springs facility (a transformed employees’ camp11) and this method ought to be significantly evaluated for NZ, in any other case NZ may negotiate with Australia to pay for part-use of Howard Springs (eg, for pink zone nation returnees). The usage of higher or purpose-built amenities in rural places may even have much less threat from shut contacts in central enterprise district motels.
Scale back the chance of neighborhood transmission from instances contaminated inside quarantine
Whereas our definition of a quarantine system failure didn’t embody virus transmission solely between returnees throughout the quarantine amenities, a number of of quarantine system failures additionally concerned unfold inside quarantine amenities previous to contaminated individuals being launched into the neighborhood (see Appendix). Introducing a post-MIQ residence quarantine requirement for 5-7 days would assist to scale back the chance that instances contaminated throughout their MIQ keep will infect others in the neighborhood. Different nations pursuing COVID-19 elimination have additionally focussed on this era. For instance, Hong Kong just lately prolonged the size of border quarantine from 14 to 21 days.12 Testing of individuals after leaving quarantine on day 16 is now frequent in Australia (eg,13) and ought to be thought-about in NZ.
Shield and check border employees
Many of the quarantine system failures in Australia concerned the an infection of quarantine employees (see Appendix). The vaccination of all quarantine employees in opposition to COVID-19 (and the redeployment of all unvaccinated employees to positions exterior of the quarantine system) will probably be notably beneficial when it turns into clearer that vaccines can considerably stop transmission, along with defending recipients from sickness. Nonetheless, consideration also needs to be given to enhancing circumstances for quarantine employees to minimise the chance of overwork (eg, in February 2021 there have been nonetheless issues by NZ well being employees about staffing inadequacies in these amenities), which can improve the chance of PPE failures, or of employees taking up different part-time jobs in different settings. In Western Australia, quarantine resort employees, together with cleaners, safety guards and catering employees, are not allowed to carry second jobs because of the threat of neighborhood transmission, however have obtained a pay improve of about 40 per cent as compensation.14 Victorian quarantine employees are additionally not allowed to have a second job, whereas South Australia employees are allowed second jobs in low threat settings.15
Whereas the extent of testing of quarantine employees has been growing (eg,7; which can discover some failures earlier than they’ve an opportunity to determine as an outbreak in the neighborhood), NZ ought to contemplate mandating day by day PCR-based testing of saliva for MIQ employees (arguably a much less invasive technique than the present PCR nasopharyngeal swab). This selection is also explored for travellers in MIQ along with the present testing routine to permit for comparative assessments. This testing is being utilized in components of Australia,16 and in different nations. Moreover, in view of the elevated transmissibility of recent variants, consideration ought to be given to testing of all employees in border-associated occupations (eg, offering airline meals and laundry companies) at the very least twice per week. Documented destructive assessments at an acceptable frequency ought to be an occupational requirement for all border employees, as an alternative of the self-report techniques at present utilized in NZ (that are vulnerable to deception).
In abstract, we discover that Australia seems to have had 17 COVID-19 recognized failures arising from its quarantine techniques as much as 11 Could 2021. These failures present potential classes for NZ together with guaranteeing sufficient air flow or utilizing discrete quarantine models, lowering the chance of neighborhood transmission from instances contaminated inside quarantine, and defending and testing border employees. Ongoing enhancements or alternate options to hotel-based quarantine are required as a result of quarantine system failures will be very expensive when it comes to lives and financial impacts reminiscent of lockdowns.
*Writer particulars: Ameera Katar is with the College of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. All different authors are with the Division of Public Well being, College of Otago Wellington.
Desk 1: Checklist of the 17 COVID-19 quarantine system failures in Australia from July 2020 as much as 11 Could 2021
|Failure occasion||Extent of identified unfold exterior of quarantine||Particulars||Occasion preventable with full vaccination of frontline border employees (assuming 100% effectiveness)?|
|Rydges Lodge – Victoria “second wave” outbreak (late Could to late October 2020)||Over 19,800 instances,17 18 and over 800 deaths19||Genomic testing indicated that 99% of Victoria’s second wave of neighborhood COVID-19 instances have been linked to transmission occasions associated to returned travellers infecting employees on the Rydges Lodge in Carlton and the Stamford Plaza Lodge (see row beneath) in Melbourne’s central enterprise district (CBD), which have been used as amenities for quarantine.20 Particularly, round 90% of instances will be traced again to a single household of 4 that returned to Australia in mid-Could and have been quarantined on the Rydges Lodge.21 The virus then unfold from the contaminated employees to the neighborhood, with excessive charges of native transmission.20 The outbreak led to a stringent lockdown for 112 days within the state, with notably strict measures within the main metropolis of Melbourne.22 At the very least 9 individuals employed in Melbourne’s resort quarantine programme examined optimistic between late July and early October 2020, though the instances could have been a mirrored image of considerable neighborhood transmission in Melbourne on the time relatively than extra resort quarantine failures.23 Two of these instances labored whereas infectious.23||Doubtless|
|Stamford Plaza Lodge – Victoria “second wave” outbreak (late Could to late October 2020)||See row above||Virtually 10% of instances in Victoria’s “second wave” outbreak have been attributable to an outbreak on the Stamford Lodge in mid-June.20 The outbreak was traced again to worldwide travellers who returned to Australia in early June,20 after which was unfold by safety guards who labored on the facility.24||Doubtless|
|Marriot Lodge at Round Quay in Sydney, New South Wales [NSW] (August 2020)||2 safety guards||A safety guard on the Marriot Lodge at Round Quay in Sydney examined optimistic for COVID-19 on 15 August.25 Genomic sequencing linked the an infection to a returned abroad traveller on the facility.25 A second safety guard subsequently examined optimistic.26||Doubtless|
|Parafield outbreak in South Australia (December 2020)||33 instances19||Genomic testing indicated that Adelaide’s Parafield cluster was linked to transmission occasions associated to a returned traveller in a quarantine resort infecting employees within the facility, probably resulting from poor air flow on the facility.20 The virus unfold from the employees to the neighborhood, leading to a strict lockdown.20||Doubtless|
|Quarantine resort facility cleaner contaminated in Sydney, NSW (December 2020)||A single employee||A quarantine resort employee (a cleaner) who accomplished shifts at two quarantine motels, the Ibis Lodge and the Novotel in Darling Harbour in Sydney, examined optimistic in early December.27 There was additionally unfold on this facility with 5 returned travellers being contaminated.||Doubtless|
|Avalon outbreak in NSW (January 2021)||151 instances (as of 11 January 2021)28||It has been reported that genomic sequencing means that the pressure is of US origin and entered Australia by way of an infectious returned traveller who entered resort quarantine upon arrival.27 It’s at present unknown how the virus unfold to the neighborhood and supply investigations have been nonetheless underway (as per January 2021). Case numbers embody these from the linked Croydon and Wollongong clusters, however not the linked Black Rock cluster in Victoria (27 instances as of 5 January 2021) resulting from separate reporting by states.||Unclear|
|Berala outbreak in NSW (January 2021)||26 instances (as of 11 January 2021)28||It has been reported that genomic sequencing linked the outbreak again to infectious worldwide travellers.29 A affected person transport employee transferred infectious travellers from Sydney Airport to a hospital.28 29 One other affected person transport employee who was a detailed contact of the primary then additionally examined optimistic.28 29 The virus then unfold from the second contaminated employee into the neighborhood, seeding the Berala outbreak.29||Doubtless|
|Lodge Grand Chancellor outbreak in Brisbane, Queensland (January 2021)||6 instances (as of 13 January 2021)30||A resort quarantine employee in Brisbane examined optimistic in early January 2021 for the UK variant of COVID-19 (ie, B.1.1.7).31 This case led to a three-day lockdown within the higher Brisbane space, whereas contact tracers labored to make sure there was no neighborhood transmission of the pressure.32 It was later revealed that there have been six genomically linked instances throughout the quarantine facility, together with the resort quarantine employee and 5 returned travellers.30||Doubtless|
|4 Factors by Sheraton resort, Western Australia (January 2021)||A single employee||A Perth quarantine resort safety guard, who labored a second job as a experience share driver, examined optimistic to the UK pressure of SARS-CoV-2, sparking a five-day lockdown for 80 per cent of the state’s inhabitants, in an try to cease any additional transmission.14 It’s believed he was uncovered to the virus on the 26 January when he labored at 4 Factors by Sheraton, on the identical ground the place a quarantined returned traveller with a confirmed case of the UK variant was staying. After feeling sick on 28 January, the case visited a GP, and examined optimistic on 30 January. The precise trigger is unknown, but it surely’s believed poor air flow might be an element.33 This comes per week after Western Australia dedicated to day by day testing of the resort quarantine employees, as an alternative of weekly.34 Quarantine resort employees, together with cleaners, safety guards and catering employees, are not allowed to have second jobs however will obtain a pay improve of about 40 per cent as compensation.14 It has been introduced an inquiry will probably be held.33||Doubtless|
|Grand Hyatt Lodge, Victoria (February 2021)||A single employee||One 26-year-old employees member on the Grand Hyatt Lodge (an isolation facility) examined optimistic for the extremely transmissible UK variant of COVID-19 (ie, the B.1.1.7 variant) in February 2021, resulting in heightened restrictions.35 The shut contacts of the case all examined destructive, and the outbreak didn’t unfold into the broader neighborhood.35||Doubtless|
|Vacation Inn Lodge cluster, Victoria (February 2021)||22 instances||Twenty-two instances have been linked to the Vacation Inn cluster in Melbourne, the place an contaminated returned traveller used a nebuliser, inflicting an outbreak and a 5-day lockdown.36 There have been no additional instances detected in the neighborhood through the lockdown as all confirmed instances had already been knowledgeable of their standing as shut contacts and have been in isolation throughout their infectious interval. Circumstances included returned travellers, resort quarantine employees and their households, in addition to a Melbourne Airport employee.36||Doubtless|
|Princess Alexandra Hospital physician outbreak, Brisbane (March 2021)||6 instances37||A health care provider and a nurse (see row beneath) who labored on the Princess Alexandra Hospital whereas unvaccinated have been linked to 2 separate COVID-19 outbreaks.37 Whereas each outbreaks have been the extremely transmissible UK variant of the illness and originated on the identical hospital, they have been from two completely different sources.37 The physician examined optimistic on 12 March 2021, with subsequent infections in 5 different individuals.37 These outbreaks resulted in a 3-day lockdown simply earlier than the Easter vacation.37||Doubtless (we thought-about well being employees on the Princess Alexandra to be “border employees” provided that the hospital sufferers have been nonetheless a part of the quarantine system)|
|Princess Alexandra Hospital nurse outbreak, Brisbane (March 2021)||13 instances38||A nurse (see row above) who labored on a COVID-19 ward on the Princess Alexandra Hospital whereas unvaccinated examined optimistic in late March 2021.37 Genome sequencing hyperlinks the case to an abroad traveller from India who was being cared for on the hospital.39 The nurse’s sister, plenty of attendees at a “hen’s get together”, and a number of other different contacts have been subsequently contaminated.37||Doubtless (as per the remark within the row above)|
|Sofitel Wentworth in Sydney, NSW (March 2021)||A single safety guard||A safety guard on the Sofitel Wentworth in Sydney examined optimistic for COVID-19 on 13 March by means of routine surveillance testing.40 Genomic sequencing linked the case to a returned traveller and subsequent testing revealed that one other returned traveller was additionally contaminated throughout the facility.40||Doubtless|
|Mercure Lodge cluster in Perth, Western Australia (April 2021)||3 instances||A mom and her four-year-old daughter who had returned from the UK, and a traveller who had returned from China contracted the virus whereas in resort quarantine.41 The mom and baby’s infections have been detected on 16 April and genomically linked to a few who had returned from India on April 10 and subsequently examined optimistic for the UK variant.41 The entire travellers have been staying in adjoining rooms on the identical resort ground.41 The returned traveller from China examined destructive on launch from resort quarantine in Perth on 17 April, however later examined optimistic for COVID-19 in Melbourne.42 The case then spent as much as 5 days in the neighborhood in Perth whereas infectious, and two linked neighborhood instances have been recognized.43 The outbreak led to a 3 day lockdown in Perth and the neighbouring Peel area,42 and a quick suspension in quarantine-free journey between Western Australia and NZ.43 The air flow on the Mercure Lodge had beforehand been recognized because the riskiest amongst Western Australia’s 10 quarantine motels, with an engineer discovering that the corridors had no impartial airflow with oxygen provide leaking from the adjoining rooms.41 Chief Well being Officer Andy Robertson had beneficial that the Mercure Lodge not function as a quarantine facility on 14 April.41||No|
|Neighborhood instances in NSW (Could 2021)||2 instances||On 5 Could 2021, a person from Sydney was identified with COVID-19.44 His spouse subsequently examined optimistic.44 The instances have been genomically linked to a traveller who returned from the US and was moved to a quarantine facility on 28 April.45 Nonetheless, an epidemiological hyperlink between the traveller and the instances has but to be established,44 suggesting that there could also be extra instances in the neighborhood. Moreover, fragments of coronavirus have been detected in wastewater samples in Sydney.45 The instances haven’t resulted in a lockdown in NSW, however extra restrictions, together with obligatory masking and limits on indoor gatherings have been put in place.44 Moreover, the state of affairs led the NZ Authorities to briefly pause their quarantine-free journey association with NSW for 48 hours, and a detailed contact of one of many instances was positioned in an MIQ facility in Christchurch after travelling to NZ.44||Unclear (whereas that is more likely to be some sort of quarantine facility failure – there’s a small probability that an infection was transmitted by way of different means – eg, from the US traveller by way of an contaminated air crew member)|
|Comunity case in Victoria (Could 2021)||1 case (as of 11 Could 2021)||A traveller who returned from India by way of the Maldives and Singapore accomplished the required keep in quarantine in South Australia.46 After leaving quarantine on 4 Could, he then travelled on to his residence in Victoria. He subsequently developed signs and examined optimistic.46 It’s thought that the traveller probably contracted the virus whereas in quarantine in South Australia; it has been reported that the traveller stayed subsequent door to a different one that examined optimistic for the virus.46||Unclear|
- Lowy Institute. Covid Efficiency Index 2021. Accessible from: https://interactives.lowyinstitute.org/options/covid-performance/
- Toole M. Greater than a dozen COVID leaks in 6 months: to guard Australians, it’s time to maneuver quarantine out of metropolis motels. The Dialog 2021 (29 April). Accessible from: https://theconversation.com/more-than-a-dozen-covid-leaks-in-6-months-to-protect-australians-its-time-to-move-quarantine-out-of-city-hotels-159808.
- COVID analysis updates: 7 January — Proof grows of a brand new coronavirus variant’s swift unfold. Nature 2021 (8 January). Accessible from: https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-00502-w.
- Voysey M, Costa Clemens S, Madhi SA, et al. Single Dose Administration, And The Affect Of The Timing of The Booster Dose On Immunogenicity And Efficacy Of ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 (AZD1222) Vaccine. The Lancet (preprint posted 1 Feb 2021).
- Emary KRW, Golubchik T, Aley PK, et al. Efficacy of ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 (AZD1222) vaccine in opposition to SARS-CoV-2 variant of concern 202012/01 (B.1.1.7): an exploratory evaluation of a randomised managed trial. The Lancet 2021;397(10282):1351-62. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(21)00628-0
- Baden LR, El Sahly HM, Essink B, et al. Efficacy and Security of the mRNA-1273 SARS-CoV-2 Vaccine. The New England Journal of Drugs 2021;384(5):403-16. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa2035389
- Covid-19: Why Australia’s quarantine guidelines are altering. Radio New Zealand 2021. Accessible from: https://www.rnz.co.nz/information/world/434278/covid-19-why-australia-s-quarantine-rules-are-changing.
- Morrah M. Revealed: The strict new coronavirus guidelines for New Zealand’s COVID-19 Defence Pressure employees. Newshub 2020 (25 November). Accessible from: https://www.newshub.co.nz/residence/new-zealand/2020/11/revealed-the-strict-new-coronavirus-rules-for-new-zealand-s-covid-19-defence-force-staff.html.
- Premier of Victoria. A Stronger Quarantine Program To Shield What We’ve Constructed [press release]. 30 November 2020. Accessible from: https://www.premier.vic.gov.au/stronger-quarantine-program-protect-what-weve-built2020.
- Cheng D. Watch: Covid Response Minister Chris Hipkins reveals journey ban for ‘very excessive threat nations’. NZ Herald 2021 (23 April). Accessible from: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/watch-covid-response-minister-chris-hipkins-reveals-travel-ban-for-very-high-risk-countries/ZRZAJIGZ6Q3OBWPX6C2ZB7BLPM/.
- Northern Territory Authorities. Necessary supervised quarantine for repatriated Australians. 2020. Accessible from: https://coronavirus.nt.gov.au/journey/quarantine/mandatory-supervised-quarantine-for-repatriated-australians accessed 12 January 2021.
- Authorities of Hong Kong Particular Administrative Area. Authorities tightens restrictions and obligatory quarantine necessities for individuals arriving at Hong Kong who’ve stayed in locations exterior China [press release]. 25 December 2020. Accessible from: https://www.data.gov.hk/gia/normal/202012/25/P2020122500012.htm.
- Visontay E. Day 16 check: Australian well being consultants weigh proposal for post-quarantine coronavirus examine. The Guardian 2021 (7 February). https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/feb/07/day-16-test-health-experts-weigh-proposal-for-post-quarantine-coronavirus-check.
- Manfield E. WA coronavirus resort quarantine safety corporations comply with ban on second jobs. ABC Information 2021 (10 February). Accessible from: https://www.abc.internet.au/information/2021-02-10/wa-hotel-quarantine-security-guards-to-end-second-jobs-next-week/13139172.
- McMah L. COVID quarantine: Enormous drawback with high-risk resort program information.com.au 2020 (3 December). Accessible from: https://www.information.com.au/journey/travel-updates/health-safety/covid-quarantine-huge-problem-with-highrisk-hotel-program/news-story/b60bdf6428d174932cadca6d736a687c.
- New South Wales Authorities. NSW resort quarantine employee surveillance and testing program. (present as of 9 February 2021). https://www.well being.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/Pages/saliva-testing.aspx.
- Zhang L, Tao Y, Zhuang G, et al. Traits Evaluation and Implications on the COVID-19 Reopening of Victoria, Australia. The Innovation 2020;1(3):100049. doi: 10.1016/j.xinn.2020.100049
- Division of Well being and Human Providers State Authorities of Victoria. Monitoring coronavirus in Victoria 2020; cited 2021. Accessible from: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/tracking-coronavirus-victoria.
- SA Well being. COVID-19 replace 22 December 2020 [press release]. 2020. Accessible from: https://www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/wps/wcm/join/public+content material/sa+well being+web/about+us/information+and+media/all+media+releases/covid-19+replace+22+december+20202020.
- Board of Inquiry into the COVID-19 Lodge Quarantine Program. COVID-19 Lodge Quaranting Inquiry Closing Report and Suggestions, Quantity 1: Victorian Authorities Printer, 2020.
- Taylor J. Lodge quarantine linked to 99% of Victoria’s Covid instances, inquiry instructed. The Guardian 2020 (18 August). Accessible from: https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/aug/18/hotel-quarantine-linked-to-99-of-victorias-covid-cases-inquiry-told.
- Mercer P. Covid: Melbourne’s hard-won success after a marathon lockdown. BBC Information 2020 (26 October). Accessible from: www.bbc.com/information/world-australia-54654646.
- Covid-19 coronavirus: Officers nonetheless trying to find the supply of Sydney outbreak. NZ Herald 2020. Accessible from: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/covid-19-coronavirus-officials-still-searching-for-source-of-sydney-outbreak/UCDN5SOFNOKFM232YTXG4AWDK4/.
- Lucas C. Stamford resort blames authorities and guards for outbreak. The Age 2020 (2 July). Accessible from: https://www.theage.com.au/politics/victoria/stamford-hotel-blames-government-and-guards-for-outbreak-20200702-p558e6.html.
- NSW coronavirus investigation after Sydney resort quarantine safety guard assessments optimistic. ABC Information 2020 (18 August). Accessible from: https://www.abc.internet.au/information/2020-08-18/nsw-coronavirus-hotel-quarantine-security-guard-investigated/12570336.
- Aubusson Ok, Chung L. Australian well being authorities racing to comprise cluster as NSW information 14 new ccovid-19 instances. Stuff 2020 (29 August). Accessible from: https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/australia/300094865/australian-health-authorities-racing-to-contain-cluster-as-nsw-records-14-new-covid19-cases.
- Tsirtsakis A. Is it time for an nationwide method to resort quarantine? newsGP 2020. Accessible from: https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/scientific/is-it-time-for-a-national-approach-to-hotel-quaran.
- NSW Well being. Covid-19 weekly surveillance in NSW: Epidemiological week 52, ending 26 December 2020. 2021. Accessible from: https://www.well being.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/Paperwork/covid-19-surveillance-report-20201226.pdf2021.
- Lathouris O. Berala cluster: Syney COVID outbreak linked to BWS the place two contaminated employees labored all through Christmas. 9 Information 2021. Accessible from: https://www.9news.com.au/nationwide/coronavirus-nsw-update-berala-bws-cluster-not-linked-to-avalon-sydney-northern-beaches-covid19-strain-genomic-testing-finds/26e4bfd0-df34-42d6-852c-5ac774bc8a11.
- Queensland Well being. Incident response arrange following affirmation of Brisbane resort cluster [press release]. 13 January 2021. Accessible from: https://www.well being.qld.gov.au/news-events/doh-media-releases/releases/incident-response-set-up-following-confirmation-of-brisbane-hotel-cluster2021.
- Quarantine resort employee assessments optimistic to coronavirus in Brisbane. ABC Information 2021. Accessible from: https://www.abc.internet.au/information/2021-01-07/coronavirus-queensland-quarantine-hotel-worker-tests-positive/13034046.
- Queensland Authorities. Larger Brisbane 3-day lockdown. 2021. Accessible from: https://www.qld.gov.au/well being/circumstances/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19/current-status/greater-brisbane-lockdown.
- Hendrie D. Newest resort quarantine leak proves ‘we’re not studying’. information GP 2021 (1 February). Accessible from: https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/scientific/latest-hotel-quarantine-leak-proves-we-re-not-lear.
- Woodley M. Nationwide Cupboard strengthens Australia’s border controls. information GP 2021 (8 January). Accessible from: https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/scientific/national-cabinet-strengthens-australia-s-border-co.
- No new native instances in Victoria, amid hotal quarantine leak. The New Day by day 2021. Accessible from: https://thenewdaily.com.au/information/coronavirus/2021/02/05/hotel-quarantine-victoria-zero/.
- Estcourt D, Sakkal P. One in intensive care as Vacation Inn COVID-19 cluster grows to 22. The Age 2021 (19 February). Accessible from: https://www.theage.com.au/nationwide/victoria/three-new-covid-19-cases-linked-to-holiday-inn-cluster-emerge-20210219-p573wq.html.
- Motherwell S. How two clusters from one hospital triggered the Brisbane lockdown. ABC Information 2021 (30 March). Accessible from: https://www.abc.internet.au/information/2021-03-30/brisbane-lockdown-clusters-coronavirus-explained-pa-hospital/100037608.
- Queensland Well being. Historic case linked to Brisbane COVID-19 cluster [press release]. 11 April 2021. Accessible from: https://www.well being.qld.gov.au/news-events/doh-media-releases/releases/historic-case-linked-to-brisbane-covid-19-cluster accessed 22 April 2021 Entry 2021.
- Queensland Well being. Brisbane COVID-19 clusters defined [press release]. 30 March 2021. Accessible from: https://www.well being.qld.gov.au/news-events/doh-media-releases/releases/brisbane-covid-19-clusters-explained accessed 22 April 2021 Entry 2021.
- Kontominas B. NSW quarantine resort employee assessments optimistic to coronavirus. ABC Information 2021 (14 March). Accessible from: https://www.abc.internet.au/information/2021-03-14/nsw-records-one-new-covid-19-case-in-hotel-quarantine-worker/13246856.
- McNeill H, de Kruijff P. Perth plunged into three-day lockdown over Mercure Lodge cluster. WA Right this moment 2021 (23 April). Accessible from: https://www.watoday.com.au/nationwide/western-australia/perth-plunged-into-lockdown-over-mercure-hotel-cluster-20210423-p57lwb.html.
- Perth lockdown: WA premier desires designated quarantine amenities. Radio New Zealand 2021 (24 April). Accessible from: https://www.rnz.co.nz/information/world/441176/perth-lockdown-wa-premier-wants-designated-quarantine-facilities.
- Covid-19: ‘Low’ threat to NZ from Perth case – Well being Ministry. Radio New Zealand 2021 (24 April). Accessible from: https://www.rnz.co.nz/information/nationwide/441154/covid-19-low-risk-to-nz-from-perth-case-health-ministry.
- NSW information no new COVID-19 instances in neighborhood, forward of NZ journey bubble resolution. 1 Information 2021 (8 Could). Accessible from: https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/world/nsw-records-no-new-covid-19-cases-in-community-ahead-nz-travel-bubble-decision.
- Cheng D. Covid 19 coronavirus: Hundreds of travellers’ plans disrupted as flights from NSW paused for 48 hours. NZ Herald 2021 (7 Could). Accessible from: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-19-coronavirus-thousands-of-travellers-plans-disrupted-as-flights-from-nsw-paused-for-48-hours/VHG4T2FY5IUZVPND7GYZJMALVE/.
- Victoria information COVID-19 case at Wollert, north of Melbourne, after man leaves SA resort quarantine. ABC Information. 2021 (11 Could). Accessible from: https://www.abc.internet.au/information/2021-05-11/victoria-covid-19-case-man-north-of-melbourne/100131038.